Payment in full is required by the first class of the course for which you are registered. Payment can be made by credit card, check, or cash. The sales tax listed for each course is for the book(s) needed for the course. Please note that if you elect not to purchase the book(s), the tax should not be paid.
The following financial resources are available to assist our students:
NAPE DC1 Members Receive Tuition Discounts
One of the benefits available to members of NAPE DC1 is the opportunity to take advantage of significant tuition discounts on courses at the NAPE Educational Foundation. See the tab NAPE DC1 to learn more about membership and how to join.
Ready 2 Work Engineering Kick-Start Program Scholarship Application
Scholarships for the Ready 2 Work Engineering Kick-start Program are provided to enable individuals to begin a career in building engineering. The scholarship will cover all expenses related to enrollment in the Ready 2 Work class.
Applications for scholarships are currently being accepted for enrollment into the Ready 2 Work class being held in Spring 2022.
Pepco offers tuition incentives for the training of up to $1,000 or 80% of enrollment costs per course. The following courses offered by the NAPE Educational Foundation have already been pre-qualified for the program:
- Plant Equipment & Operations
- Air Condition I, II, and III
- Heat Pumps
- Electric Motors
- The Managing Engineer
NAPE DC1 Past Presidents’ Scholarship
Each calendar year the Past Presidents’ Scholarship Fund of NAPE DC1 will award one scholarship. This scholarship is limited to the following:
- The scholarship will cover all of the costs associated with one class (tuition, books, lab fees/materials, and taxes).
- The class must be taken through the National Association of Power Engineers Educational Foundation (NAPEEF).
- The scholarship recipient must be a current member in good standing of the NAPE DC1 Chapter.
- Applications for scholarships will be accepted at any time. However, only one scholarship will be awarded each calendar year.
- To apply for a scholarship, applicants must complete and submit a Statement of Need.
Bob Furr Scholarship Fund – *Not available at this time
Scholarships are focused on enabling a NAPE Educational Foundation student to obtain the General Certificate of Engineering (GCE) certification. The following criteria are currently in place:
- With the exception of books and tax, all expenses are covered for the student for the following classes required for the certification: Principles of Electricity; Low-Pressure Boilers; AC1; Electrical Systems Code & Theory and Controls
- One scholarship is awarded annually. However, there may be more than one scholarship recipient taking classes simultaneously.
- While it is not required, it is preferred that the scholarship recipient is a member in good standing of NAPE DC1.
- To be considered for the scholarship, candidates are required to complete an application.